Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24/7 Dedicated SMP Server. Do you have what it takes? Ip: mysticcraft.no-ip.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A pretty good announcement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshLS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
JoshLS

A pretty good announcement Empty
PostSubject: A pretty good announcement   A pretty good announcement Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Ok so I know we have just started the new server and that we are slowly growing but I have some small announcements to make

1: I will be getting a few people to join the server sooner or later because the more people we have the funner it will be.

2: My Birthday (and Christmas) is coming up in a few months and I plan to get a good share of money... Most of which will be going towards my Driving Permit but I will save a substantial amount of money and hopefully be able to donate to the server so Evilleprikan4 can improve the server in any way possible

3: Today and every Saturday (Unless something serious comes up) I would like to make a topic or even a section on the homepage about Mods and texture packs. I plan to review and post links for one Mod and one Texture Pack.

4: Ok my last announcement that I am not quite sure of doing or not is making a Youtube channel based on Minecraft videos. The content of the videos would include how to install mods and texture packs, demonstrations of the mods I post on the forums, maybe some footage of the server and some promotional videos for the server.

Ok those are my plans and I hope that they all work out and if you want to suggest something I would love to hear about it in the replies. If you like these plans/announcements then you can tell me what you like or don't like about them.
Back to top Go down
http://chatxj.webs.com/
JoshLS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
JoshLS

PostSubject: My First Mod and Texture Pack of the week!   A pretty good announcement Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok so here goes the first ever Mod And Texture Pack of the week, in hopefully a series.

Ok now first I need to get rid of the simple ones and as the series goes on I will find better and more fun ones so our first mod is not necessarily a mod it is more, a collection of mods called: The Yogbox!

A cool thing about the Yogbox is that you don't have to use all of the mods because the modpack comes in a simple neat installer and you simply check and uncheck the box of which mods you want so here are the mods.

Inventory Tweaks-By jimeowan

Inventory Tweaks makes using your inventory more useful, for example, when a tool breaks it is automatically replaced if you have the same type of tool in your inventory like if yo have two swords in your inventory and one breaks while in battle it automagically switches to your other sword, quite useful.

Pfaeff's Mod-By Pfaeff

Pfaeff's mod has many new redstone activated blocks like the allocator which sorts items. Fans which blow items and some more. Another cool thing he added to his collection was Jump Pads which when you walk on them you are bounced up into the air, pretty fun and can be useful.

Millenaire-By Kinniken

The Millenaire Mod is pure genius, it adds NPCs to the game who create villages. It adds many new items to the game. When you complete "Quests" for the villagers by gathering certain items and trading them to the villagers they build up the village. Once you trade with them enough you become trusted and can then buy a plot or a house which they build for you. There are many different combinations of villages when it comes to race and type of village.

Somnia-By MALfunction84

This mod is quite useful and simple, what it does is when you sleep it simulates the world around you so for example you can put something in a furnace and it will be ready for morning. You can also sleep during the day.

ModOptions API-By Clintonxa

This mod adds a gui style interface for mod options, simple and useful.

GUI API-By Lahwran

Basically same as above mod.

Mo' Creatures-By DrZhark

This mod adds many new mobs to the world of Minecraft like lions and tigers and bears (OH MY!) and many other friendly and non-friendly mobs it is a great mod to have if you are getting bored with the same old mobs.

DaftPVF's Mods-By DaftPVF

This developer put in many mods including: Slime boots, Scored Gameplay, Starting Inventory (This sets you with a predefined inventory when spawning in a new world), Treecapitator (When chopping trees down with axes if you chop the bottom log first all of the other logs will fall down without you having to chop them), Crystal Wing (Craftable item which lets you go back to your spawn point) and web generation.

Risugami's Mods-By Risugami

Risugami has put many mods into this pack as well including: Modloader, AudioMod, Death Chest (Extremely useful mod where if you have a chest in your inventory and you die, all items which would be usually scattered will be placed in that chest for you to collect later), Shelves, More Stackable Items, More Kinds Of Arrows and a recipe book.

Airship-By Pchan3

This mod adds craftable, flyable hot-air-balloon-like airships. They also shoot arrows.

There are many other mods that are not included or are not listed including

Fossils
Flax
Sulphur
Peaceful Pack
Easy Custom Furnace Fuels
Beekeeping
Baby Animals
More Health
Sky Pirates

Ok now that is all you need to know about the Yogbox except it also comes with two custom texture packs.

Download Link Here => Yogbox

===================================================================================

Ok now onto the Texture Pack Segment the texture pack I will be reviewing this week is DokuCraft

DokuCraft is made by developer Doku and has three parts to the texture pack: Light which is bright and colorful: High which is very high in detail and very nice, it is a happy medium: Dark which is my personal favorite is indeed dark and very demonic.

DokuCraft is very fancy and makes Minecraft beautiful. One thing you will need to use this texture pack is, Patcher this fixes it so you can use the high resolution texture pack correctly. Ok now thats what you need to know about the DokuCraft Texture Pack Set.

Heres The Link => DokuCraft

===================================================================================

Ok that was my first review set in a series to come, I hope you liked it and thought it was helpful king
Back to top Go down
MasterK51
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
MasterK51

PostSubject: Re: A pretty good announcement   A pretty good announcement Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Dude you should keep doing this. so that we can see what mods we can use for 1.8.1.
Back to top Go down
JoshLS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
JoshLS

PostSubject: Re: A pretty good announcement   A pretty good announcement Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am

Haven't been keeping up to date, had a lot of things recently, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to do one.
Back to top Go down
JoshLS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
JoshLS

PostSubject: Scheduling   A pretty good announcement Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:41 am

Ok so I havent been completely up to date with this so instead of making it a weekly thing I will try to make it Mod of The Month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A pretty good announcement   A pretty good announcement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A pretty good announcement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SkillCraft HQ :: Announcements-
Jump to: